Intimacy with God—A Spiritual Retreat
November 2-3, 2018
Join Northeastern Seminary for a spiritual retreat with keynote speaker Joycelyn Lewis. Immerse yourself in a slower-paced day and respond to your soul's yearning for understanding and intimate relationship with God. Worship, prayer, teaching, fellowship, and personal reflection time will reveal all aspects of life as a catalyst for spiritual formation and engagement in our faith.
Joycelyn Lewis is an overcomer. She overcame the obstacles of growing up in a single parent low-income inner city household and pursued the call that God had on her life. She is a native of Lexington, Ky.
Joycelyn is the Executive Director of Equipping Lydia a ministry of spiritual renewal thru spiritual direction, retreats, spiritual formation and holy listening groups.
Joycelyn is passionate about leading retreats for those who are in need of spiritual renewal, mentoring those who sense a call to be spiritual formation leaders, preaching, teaching formative spirituality, organizational, congregational and leadership development.
Friday, November 2
- 6:30 p.m. | Retreat Check-In
- 7:00 | Gathering & Speaker Introduction
- 7:30 | Evening Prayer Service
- 8:00 | Light Snacks & Fellowship
Saturday, November 3
- 8:30 a.m. | Check-In & Continental Breakfast
- 9:30 | Opening Prayer Service
- 10:00 | Session 1: Remember & Release
- 10:45 | Silent Personal Reflection Time
- 11:30 | Small Group or Extended Personal Reflection Time
- 12:00 p.m. | Lunch & Fellowship
- 1:15 | Session 2: Return & Remain
- 2:15 | Break
- 2:30 | Large Group Reflection & Speaker Q&A
- 3-4:00 | Closing Prayer & Communion Service
- 4:00 | Departures
About the Retreat Center
Notre Dame Retreat Center is located on 50 acres of land overlooking Canandaigua Lake. Guests enjoy lake views, walking paths, gardens, a gazebo, and pond. The retreat center’s chapel and numerous meeting rooms offer sacred spaces for reflection, prayer, and conversation.