Dr. Nelson J. GrimmDirector of Field Education and Professor of Applied Theology
Ph.D., Counselor Education, University of Buffalo
M.S., Counseling Psychology, Canisius College
M.Div., Pastoral Care and Counseling, Asbury Theological Seminary
B.A., Psychology, Roberts Wesleyan College
Dr. Nelson J. Grimm has wide-ranging ministry experience including pastoring, chaplaincy, conference superintendence, leadership, and advisory capacities with other pastors, churches, and organizations. He served as a member of the Ministerial Education and Guidance Board of the Genesee Conference of the Free Methodist Church, is a clinical member of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, and is a member of the Evangelical Association of Theological Field Educators. Dr. Grimm teaches a variety of courses in the area of applied theology.
- Church Administration
- Church Revitalization
- Conflict Resolution
- “Prayer: An Invitation to a Journey,” (presentation, LeTourneau Christian Conference Center, Canandaigua, NY, November 14, 2015).
- “Managing the Stress: The Challenges of Ministry in the World Today,” (presentation, New York State Association of Protestant Chaplains, Canandaigua, NY, October 14, 2015).
- Lecture, Cornerstone Church, Pembroke, NY, September 6, 2015.
- Lecture, Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Niagara Falls, NY, August 1, 2015.
- Facilitator Leadership Workshop, (presentation, Honeoye Falls UMC, 2012).
- “Making the Most of Life,” (presentation, Pearce Memorial Church, Rochester, NY, 2012).
- “Benevolence and well-being [electronic resource] : The relationship of volunteering to life satisfaction”