The Northeastern Fund
Your gift to the Northeastern Fund provides Seminary students with needed scholarships, making a Seminary education accessible to current and future students. Through the continued generous support of alumni and friends, more students can experience the transforming effect of a Northeastern education. By designating to give to a program specific fund, your investment supports ministry initiatives, spiritual formation experiences, library resources, and more.
But in order for that to happen, we need everyone. And every sized gift.
The power of giving
Over 30 denominations and faith traditions are represented among Northeastern’s students. We are continually grateful for this diversity and celebrate the distinctions of faithful believers. The seminary experience is truly enriched when multiple voices can foster greater understanding—preparing students to minister in an increasingly diverse culture.
The following Denominational Scholarships are currently set up to receive support and be awarded to students who are in that same tradition:
Distinction Scholarships recognize two qualities that permeate our vision for the theological education offered at Northeastern Seminary:
- Accentuate Relevance Scholarship - Describes the Seminary’s unwavering commitment to biblical and historic Christianity and our unshakeable resolve to respond to the actual contemporary needs of the church and world. Awarded to seminarians who are pursuing a fresh view of ministry the 21st century and are attentive to the multiplicity of ministry contexts in today’s world.
- Embody Diversity Scholarship - The Seminary is a community of learners committed to increasingly reflecting the global breadth of Christ’s kingdom in racial, ethnic, gender, and ecclesial diversity. Awarded to seminarians who are pursuing experiential and cross-cultural learning opportunities including global and multi-ethnic ministry contexts.
Keeping tuition costs low so Seminary is more accessible means that only part of the operating budget is covered. In order to meet budget needs, we rely on the faithful support of our alumni and friends. You can support academic programs, departmental budgets, faculty, and more by designating your gift to one of the Seminary's five programs.
- The Master of Divinity Fund
- The M.A. in Transformational Leadership Fund
- The M.A. Theological Studies Fund
- The M.A. in Theology and Social Justice Fund
- The Doctor of Ministry Fund