Planning For Seminary
Plan Your Week:
- Make a schedule for the semester and stick to it
- Set aside time to spend with the Lord
- Exercise. Eat well. Get plenty of rest.
- For every course, plan to spend 8-10 hours on it each week. If you can, try to find blocks of 3-4 hours at a time to devote to coursework and block those hours out on your calendar every week
- Make time for family and friends
- Ask for help when you need it—technology assistance, student support, course advising, writing and research help are all a click or call away
- Make sure to check your student email account regularly
Think Creatively About Finances:
- Some students raise support funds for their seminary experience. Others take out reasonable loans. Some churches offer support for students attending seminary. Think creatively, ask around, and start planning while trusting that God will provide.
- Apply for Seminary scholarships. It’s free to apply.
- Are there parts of the Bible you haven’t read recently? Start there. Read with prayer and intention.
- Refresh your writing skills with these video tutorials:
Download a Sample Syllabus